he Consular section of the Embassy, the Consulate General in Darkhan accept only electronic visa application forms. In this regard, each person applying for a visa to the Russian Federation needs to fill in (in Russian or English) and print a visa application using the special website of the Consular Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Russian Federation http://visa.kdmid.ru.
Then, not earlier than 2 hours after filling the application form on the website, the client should contact the Consular Section of the Embassy or Consulate General in Darkhan with the printed application.
ATTENTION! Payments for all consular operations will be carried out through the Trade and Development Bank of Mongolia.
Consular section of the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Mongolia
6A, Peace ave., Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
Head of the Consular section
Mrs. Helena V. KARA-SAL
The Consular section is open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday (with the exception of Russian National Holidays).
Application submission time from 10.00 till 12.00. No appointment required.
Visas pick up time for all citizens – 12.00 – 12.30.
Notary is open according to the following schedule: Monday – Friday from 10.00 till 12.00.
Applicant must have following documents:
1. Passport with a blank double-page spread, valid for at least 6 months after the date of expiry of the visa.
2. Duly filled-in application form with one 3,5x4,5 cm.-sized photo (taken no longer than 6 months prior to the application submission). Visa application form should be filled online - http://visa.kdmid.ru, and then printed.
3. Tourist voucher issued by a Russian or Mongolian travel agency and confirmation of acceptance from their partners in Russia, mentioned in the voucher.
The duration of stay in Russia using tourist visa depends on the dates, specified in the voucher, but in most cases cannot exceed 30 days.
4. Resident card of alien citizen in Mongolia (with a copy of the document).
In case the applicant doesn`t possess such resident card (alien tourist in Mongolia, transit traveler etc.) we can accept visa application only from citizens of following countries:
Australia, Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Burundi, Gabon, Guyana, Gambia, Guatemala, Guinea-Bissau, Honduras, Georgia (tourism only), Denmark, Egypt, Zimbabwe, Israel, Indonesia, Iceland, Italy, Yemen, Cape Verde, Cambodia, Canada, Qatar, Kenya, Colombia, Congo (Brazzaville), Congo (Kinshasa), Costa Rica, Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Mauritius, Mauritania, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Morocco, Mexico, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nicaragua, New Zealand, United Arab Emirates, Panama, Republic of Korea, Romania, Salvador, Sao Tome and Principe, Swaziland, Seychelles, Senegal, Serbia, Singapore, Sudan, Suriname, USA, Sierra Leone, Taiwan, Thailand, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Uruguay, the Philippines, the Czech Republic, Chile, Ecuador, South Africa, Jamaica, India, Iran.
5. Medical insurance valid in Russia for the whole period of stay in the country. This requirement applies for citizens of following countries: Schengen Area countries, China P.R.
Usually it takes 4-7 working days for tourist visa procedure. For citizens of Turkmenistan we take 20 calendar days.
We don’t provide information concerning visa fee online because of significant number of options.
Transit visa could be issued for an alien citizen who has an intention to travel through the territory of Russia using the shortest route. In this regard the following set of regulations is determined.
- Using transit visa a traveler can make only one stop to change transport and the duration of such stop cannot exceed 2 nights (train or plane traveler). For example,
If one goes from Ulaanbaatar to Berlin, the traveler can use the following route:
- Ulaanbaatar to Moscow by plane or train,
- 2 nights in Moscow to change transport,
- Moscow to Berlin by plane or train.
- Using transit visa the total duration of stay in Russia cannot exceed 10 days (train or car traveler) or 3 days (plane traveler). For example,
If one goes from Ulaanbaatar to Berlin by plane:
- Ulaanbaatar to Moscow by plane (arrival in Moscow – the first day of transit),
- 2 nights in Moscow,
- Moscow to Berlin by plane (the third day of transit).
If one goes from Ulaanbaatar to Berlin by train:
- Ulaanbaatar to Moscow by train (5 days, 4 nights),
- 2 nights in Moscow,
- Moscow to Berlin by train (1-2 days, 1 night).
If one goes from Ulaanbaatar to Berlin by car:
Applicant could choose the route via Russia using following recommendation: One has to use the shortest route travelling about 500 km per 1 day.
Applicant must have the following documents:
1. Passport with a blank double-page spread, valid at least for 6 month after the date of expiry of the visa.
2. Duly filled-in application form with one 3,5x4,5 cm.-sized photo (taken no longer than 6 months prior to the application submission). Visa application form should be filled online - http://visa.kdmid.ru., and then printed.
3. Valid visa (if one needs it) to enter the destination state.
4. Tickets for the whole trip (originals, printed e-tickets or printed reservation).
Additional list for car travelers:
5. International driver license.
6. Document confirming the right of ownership of a car.
7. Application in free form indicating the list of passengers, the route of travel (chain of cities you are going to visit), information about the cat (color, manufacturer, model, plate number).
Usually it takes 4-7 working days for transit visa procedure.
Citizens of the following countries can apply for an electronic visa to Russian Far East,
St. Petersburg and Kaliningrad region:
- China (including Taiwan)
- The Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- North Macedonia
- Czech Republic
For the full rules and conditions please visit: https://electronic-visa.kdmid.ru/index_en.html